Sika is a US-based company with over 70 years of experience with specialty chemical products and industrial materials. With innovative products, outstanding quality, affordable pricing and a world renowned reputation, the company has expanded from a small facility in New Jersey to presence in over 75 countries around the world. From cement sealant and crack leveler to caulking and specialty sealants, the Sikaflex line of chemicals and compounds are well known within the construction and home improvement fields. Available both online or at major retailers, these materials provide convenient, easy to apply and thorough results to a wide variety of construction and renovation projects.
Popular Sikaflex Products
- Sikaflex 1A
This Sikaflex product is a one-part polyurethane elastomeric sealant as like polyurethane foam. Available in eight different colors, this Sikaflex caulking is ideal for use in all types of joints where the bead is not expected to exceed one-half inch. It adheres to a variety of materials, including vinyl, wood, metal and masonry, to provide an excellent seal with great durability. Applicable at temperatures as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit, this Sikaflex product is easy to use in a variety of environments, temperatures and applications.
- Sikaflex 1C
This Sikaflex sealant is a one-part polyurethane self-leveling sealant. Designed for use with masonry and concrete, the limestone color of the sealant blends well for a clean appearance as like silicone sealant. It is tack free in less than two hours with full cure times of just three to five days. Ideal for use in horizontal expansion joints for concrete and cement, this Sikaflex product is perfect for sidewalks, balconies, patios, terraces and a variety of common outdoor projects.
- Sikaflex Crack Flex Sealant
This one-part polyurethane self-leveling sealant is designed for horizontal cracks in existing concrete or cement. Capable of sealing cracks up to one-inch wide, this Sikaflex sealant is an affordable alternative to replacing cement or concrete slabs in patios, sidewalks, terraces and other slab-based structures. With a final cure time of up to five days and outstanding weather resistance and flexibility, this Sikaflex product is ideal for a wide variety of renovation or construction applications.
- Most Sikaflex products have a shelf life of up to one year when left in their unopened packaging. This makes it simple to ensure there is always an ample supply on hand.
- With a joint movement tolerance of up to 25-percent, Sikaflex sealant and caulking offers long lasting results.
- Preparing surfaces is often as simple as removing dust and debris then cleaning any oil and grease from the area. In many cases, priming is not necessary unless water submersion during curing is expected.
- Allowing sealants or caulking to reach 70 degrees Fahrenheit before application can help to improve bonding and curing as well.
- Both Sikaflex 1C and Sikaflex Crack Flex require no tooling after application for quick and easy sealing and repairs.
- Contact with water, alcohol and solvent cleaners can weaken the final cure and should be avoided when possible.
- Once opened, all Sikaflex sealing products should be used within the same day or properly disposed of according to local laws and ordinances.
These tips will help you maximize the effectivity of Sikaflex products.